Educational Event – “Deferred Prosecution Agreements in Practice” – A Panel Discussion – 11 June 2014 at 6pm
The FLA’s next educational event is being held on Wednesday 11 June at 6 pm (details below). As some of our members will be aware the Corporate Crime Team at Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP are holding a drinks reception on the same evening at their offices. We are delighted to announce that BLP and the FLA have decided to join forces for the evening and very kindly BLP have agreed to host the FLA educational event at their offices. Members of the FLA who attend are invited to join BLP’s drinks reception which is being held at their offices immediately after the seminar.
The event will feature a panel discussion on the new system in the UK but drawing on experience of DPAs in the US, looking at the decisions and problems practitioners will be grappling with in the new corporate crime landscape.
Ben Morgan – Joint Head of Bribery & Corruption, Serious Fraud Office
Rod Fletcher – Herbert Smith Freehills
Roger Burlingame – Kobre & Kim
Ross Dixon – Hickman & Rose
Areas to be covered include:
- At what stage should the corporate engage with the SFO?
- What are the additional issues if an internal investigation may lead to a DPA?
- Will the financial and other costs of a DPA ever be worth paying in the UK?
- Is the SFO sufficiently interested in settlement to make DPAs a reality?
- Do DPAs make Part V POCA redundant?
- Will it ever be realistic to start negotiating for a DPA and then withdraw?
- Will DPAs be bought at the price of individual employees?
- What impact will a DPA have on overseas investigations
Time: 6 pm prompt
Venue: Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP, Adelaide House, London Bridge, London EC4R 9HA
We look forward to seeing you there.