FLA Educational Event – Crypto Currencies & Fraud – Wednesday 21 March 2018
We are delighted to invite you to the FLA’s next educational event at 23 Essex Street at 6pm on Wednesday 21 March 2018.
The educational topic is crypto currencies and fraud.
The speakers will be:-
– Dr Eva Micheler, Associate Professor (Reader) in Law at LSE
– Jill Lorimer, criminal partner at Kingsley Napley LLP
– Will Christopher, civil partner at Kingsley Napley LLP
Topics covered will include:-
– How Bitcoin and distributed ledger/blockchain technology works
– How it connects to legal questions about the holding and transfer of securities
– How crypto currencies are currently being used in furtherance of fraud
– What challenges crypto currencies pose from a regulatory and a criminal defence perspective
– The difficulties in identifying parties to a transaction
– Where the fraudster has weaknesses
– Jurisdiction problems
This event is free for FLA members only. Limited places available, allocated on a first come first served basis.
FLA members should reserve their place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you.